Safe Digital X-Rays in Westminster, CO
Dental x-rays are an invaluable diagnostic tool. But many people today have understandable concerns about radiation exposure, so at Arrow Dental we are pleased to offer state-of-the-art digital x-rays for your comfort and safety.
Our goal is to make your dental care efficient and stress-free. Your comfort comes first, so we make it a priority to invest in technology like digital x-rays when it improves your safety and helps us streamline your visits.
However, it’s worth mentioning that radiation is a part of your everyday environment and exists everywhere including soil, water, and air. For example, a typical bitewing x-ray exposes you to about the same level of radiation as a two-hour flight.
Even so, patient safety and comfort is a priority for us, and we have chosen digital x-rays that provide highly detailed images and reduce your radiation exposure by about 80 percent.
Advantages of Using Digital X-Rays
Apart from exposure, digital x-rays offer numerous advantages over traditional film x-rays:
- Instead of x-ray film that can be bulky and uncomfortable, digital x-rays use a flat sensor to transmit images. Sensors are far more comfortable and make it easier to obtain a clear image.
- Since the images are digital, we can share them with you on your chairside monitor. This makes it possible for Dr. Jamie Marquez to manipulate the image by zooming in or out so you can clearly see problem areas.
- Digital x-rays produce a high-resolution image that is a powerful educational tool. When the image is displayed on your monitor, Dr. Marquez can explain to you what is happening in your tooth and why treatment is needed. We want you to be an active part of your dental care, and digital x-rays help us do that.
- Since digital images are electronic, we are able to store them securely on our in-house network. If Dr. Marquez needs access to your x-rays, they are immediately available for viewing. We can also easily send digital images electronically to a specialist or your insurance company as needed.
- Digital x-rays images are better for the environment because we don’t need to dispose of hazardous processing chemicals.
We generally take bitewing x-ray, a single image of upper and lower back teeth, once a year. If your teeth are healthy and you don’t have a history of an oral disease, we only need to take full x-rays every five years.
Please Call Our Office
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to enjoy the benefits of excellent oral health, and state-of-the-art technology helps us accomplish that. If you haven’t visited a dental office in a while, we think you will be pleasantly surprised at all the ways technology improves your comfort and streamlines your treatment.
Whether it’s time for your next dental exam and cleaning or you just have questions about our technology, please call our Westminster, CO dental office for more information!